Beef Carnitas in Instant Pot

 A must try! It is so delicious that you would like to eat beef carnitas every week :)



I like my food a little spicy so I use 3 jalapenos and 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. If you don't like it spicy, I would recommend using 1 jalapeno and 1 chipotle pepper.

Ingredients: 

Mix all spices together:

2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. cayenne pepper


3 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cut in large cubes
2 large sweet onions thinly sliced
2 or 3 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
2 or 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
1 jar (16 oz) medium or hot salsa
tortillas
toppings (optional)


Preparation: 

1) Rub the roast with the spice mixture (I use about 1/3 (1/2) of the mixture, I keep the remaining spice mix for next time)

2) Select sauté on the pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add 3 tbsp. oil and brown the meat on all sides. 
3) Add onions, jalapeno and chipotle peppers and salsa. 

4) Lock lid and cook on high pressure for 40 min.

5) Allow pressure to manually release for 10 min.
6) Remove the beef from the instant pot and shred with 2 forks
7) Place on top of warm tortillas and serve with your favorite toppings. (The meat is so delicious, I only use cilantro and sour cream)
8) Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepes (my mom's recipe)

"Cheesecake" muffins

Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Penne Pasta